Thursday, October 28, 2010

Friends of the Library

If you have never gone to your local library to look at the paperback books donated to Friends of the Library charity you are missing so, so much. Since I discovered this gold mine of entertainment I have ransacked its shelves with my eyeballs. I have enough restraint not to ransack it with my hands. My most recent comparison to my love of books is my love of food. I eat books like I eat food. It is a hunger to be fed daily.

Today I found Middlesex (Pulitzer Prize winner), The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, and The Castle by Kafka. I think perhaps the Kafka and Middlesex usurp the ranking of books on my list. Middlesex is next after I finish The Wednesday Sisters.

I intended to buy Middlemarch (as opposed to Middlesex) because The Wednesday Sisters recommended it but I have too many books in line.

Each paperback is 50 cents. Sure beats spending $15 on amazon.com.