Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cooking

My favorite activity while I'm home is watching Lucinda Scala Quinn on Mad Hungry. I'm sitting here watching her make minestrone soup right now. Her theme is "Bring back the family meal." I can't tell you how much she has improved the family meals at our house! The quality is not the only thing that has improved: she has enhanced my joy of cooking. Cooking is so much more of an art than it was before for me. I've always liked it. Now I love it.

Lucinda Scala Quinn teaches me about teaching. She has the perfect combination of personality, knowledge , humor and fun to make her show informative and entertaining at the same time.

So much of being a mom is so mundane: washing, cleaning, feeding.....it is so nice to find something artistic in the mundane everyday tasks.